Hello, Yoga & Writing Friends!
Two Quick Things: 1) Social Media Update 2) Yoga Practice Opportunity.
I’ve been updating some social media things and want to let you know what to look for.
The Backstory ~ My new site at amysecrist.com is Generous Wisdom | Spacious Heart where we explore movement, metaphor, meditation, and meaning. This is how I ended up with four M’s. Yoga is a huge part of my work, but Generous Wisdom| Spacious Heart lives outside of the yoga box. It’s wordy, I know, and “not good for the internet.” Those of you who are familiar with me are laughing right now, both because I’m wordy AND because I don’t spend much time on social media!
Because of this, my site, my tagline, and my handles are not as easily searchable as they’ve been in the past. But I feel STRONGLY called to make this shift happen, so I’m asking for your help. Would you be willing to follow me and share to your networks? If so, please click below, follow, and share wildly.
Yoga Practice Opportunity
Anyone interested in a Yoga TLC Refresh? If yes, click here! Fill out the contact form and let me know if you’re interested in online class, in-person indoors, or in-person outside in nature.
Right now I’m thinkin’ about an indulgent 90 minute class with, you guessed it, movement, meditation, metaphor, & meaning-making. (MmmmYoga.)
This class is for you if:
- you feel you don’t have enough time in your life to squeeze it in
- you’re interested in neuroscience
- you’re running on empty
- you have no personal bandwidth/brainspace
- you’re curious about interpersonal neurobiology
- you feel on the edge of burnout
- You Are Burnt OUT
- you’re wondering about polyvagal theory
- you would like to feel better or more like “yourself”
- you don’t want another power vinyasa flow
- you want to be in community with other yogis
- you’re interested in exploring mindful movement
- you’d like to experience what “mindful yoga” is like
- you want to engage with yourself and others in a new and supportive way
- you think moving slowly sounds delicious
I’m excited to share what I’m practicing and learn from the wisdom of our community.
A Universal Yogi
“The word mindfulness is not used [much] in Christian and Jewish circles because mindfulness is a Buddhist word. But what is mindfulness? Mindfulness is to be aware of everything you do every day. Mindfulness is a kind of light that shines upon all your thoughts, all your feelings, all your actions and all your words. Mindfulness is the Buddha. Mindfulness is the equivalent of the Holy Spirit, the energy of God.”
~ Thich Nhat Hanh